- Rockwood alum Barbara Arnwine honored with Feminist Majority Fearless Trailblazer Award
- Rockwood alum, Kevin Keenan joined NAACP Legal Defense Fund as COO & General Counsel
- Akaya Windwood, Rockwood's President, and Social Venture Network’s Executive Director, Deb Nelson, co-led, Putting a Network to Work, at SXSW Eco
- Leading from the Inside Out alum, Thomas Saenz, on Democracy Now!
- LGBTQ Advocacy Fellowship alum, Alice Y. Hom, reappointed by Governor Jerry Brown to Cal Humanities Board
- Art of Leadership alum, Naomi Paiss on Al Jazeera English's, The Stream
- Greg Hodge Featured in Oakland Local
- Two Rockwood BCORR Leaders to Receive Gloria Awards
- Ten Rockwood Fellows & Alums Included in Trans 100 List
- "My Father Called" Marriage Equality Article by Nadine Smith
- Rinku Sen Discusses AP Stopping Usage of phrase "illegal immigrant"
- Rinku Sen on the Melissa Harris-Perry Show
- Hector Sanchez and Thomas Saenz announce Latinos United for Immigration Reform
- Masen Davis discusses transgender rights on MSNBC
- Darlene Nipper on Melissa Harris-Perry Show
- Four Rockwood Leading from the Inside Out Fellows Are "Top Women of Color to Watch in 2013"
- Saru Jayaraman featured on Bill Moyers
- Cecilia Munoz Featured in Washington Post
- Mary Anne Hitt and Ben Jealous Make the "New Guard" List of Who's Shaping Washington
- Ilyse Hogue Named President of NARAL
- Heather Hurlburt Makes Magazine's Top 10 List of Women for National Security Jobs
- Rockwood President Akaya Windwood Interviewed on "Have Fun, Do Good"
- Human Rights and National Security Reform Fellowship alums interviewed on Al Jazeera English
- Suzanne Foster Receives 2012 Courageous Luminary Award on behalf of Pomona Economic Opportunity Center
- 24 Rockwood Alums in list of "50 Young Progressives who are Changing America"
- LGBTQ Fellowship Alum Named CEO of San Francisco Pride
- Cross-Movement Yearlong Fellow Wins Midwest Academy Award
- Rockwood alum Samah Salaima Agbariye awarded Dror Prize for Social Change
- Rockwood Leading from the Inside Out alums Ai-jen Poo and George Goehl on the re-election of Barack Obama
- Rockwood CA Leaders of Color alum Alicia Garza on advancing a New Progressive vision for San Francisco
- Pedro Rios on the Need for Border Patrol Accountability
- Rockwood CA Leaders of Color alum Fania E. Davis on Oakland's School District Investigation
- Rashad Robinson, Executive Director of ColorOfChange.org, #18 on Roots 100 List
- Majora Carter, Ben Jealous and Van Jones on 100 Top Black Influencers List
- Workplace Religious Freedom Act Signed Into Law
- Rockwood National Yearlong Fellows Announced
- Rockwood alum Heather Hulbert named 1 of Most Powerful Democrats on Foreign Policy
- ACLU Deputy Director Louise Melling on CNN
- Angelica Salas, Ai-jen Poo, Phaedra Ellis-Lamkins, George Goehl named Social Justice Heroes
- "Sticks in a Bundle are Unbreakable"
- Miri Shalem Awarded the Yaffa London Ya'ari Prize
- Hassan Jabareen Awarded Goldberg Prize for Peace
- Jeff Blodgett Named State Director for Obama Re-Election Campaign
- Collaboration Results in National Murrow Award Win for G.W. Williams Center for Independent Journalism
- Leaning into Discomfort: Social Sector Leadership for the 21st Century
- Mary Rogier Makes List of 150 Most Influential Women in Bay Area
- Yeshi Neumann on Conscious Grandmothering
- When you're going out on a limb, gather a board of advisors
- Maria Lopez de Leon to be Nominated to National Council on the Arts
- Racial Profiling at Airports? There's an App for That
- The Advocate Recognizes Two Rockwood Alums
- "Rebuild the Dream" aims to serve 100% of Americans
- Breakfast with the 1%
- Ai-Jen Poo named one of most influential people in the World
- Rockwood's Pia Infante at Deep Change NC
- Stacy Kono Featured in Center for Transformative Change Journal
- Sarita Gupta and Ai-jen Poo, Rockwood alums, on Bill Moyers talking about how to restore domestic workers' rights
- Rockwood alum George Goehl on Bill Moyers on fighting against self-serving corporations and banks
- Dr. Nicol Turner-Lee Selected President & CEO of National Association for Multi-ethnicity in Communications
- Janet Murguía to be honored with Hubert H. Humphrey Civil and Human Rights Award
- Rockwood has moved!
- Rockwood alum Cecilia Muñoz new White House Director of Domestic Policy Council
- Vincent Warren on Why Congress Should Close Guantánamo
- Nikki Fortunato Bas, Rockwood alum and director of EBASE, highlighted in SF Chronicle
- Rockwood alum Malkia Cyril of Center for Media Justice featured
Rockwood has moved!
Rockwood Leadership Institute is now located at:
426 17th Street, Fourth Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
Tel: 510.251.2500 (staff extensions are the same)
We look forward to collaborating with you in our new home.