The Art of Leadership
Transformative Personal Leadership Development for Nonprofits and Social Changemakers
Do you want:
- to live and lead from your life purpose for social change?
- to learn how to build and maintain collaborative partnership?
- to bring your life and work into balance, so that you can sustain your energy for a lifetime of activism?
Join Rockwood's Network of over 4000 social change leaders across the country by participating in the Art of Leadership!
Art of Leadership gave me the tools to authentically ground myself in a
space of personal power." - Sarah Jaynes, Washington Progress Alliance
"I believe that I now have a greater capacity to learn from my allies and from my adversaries." - Tzeporah Berman, Forest Ethics
After the Art of Leadership Training, You Can Expect To:
- Articulate an inspiring and clear vision for your work
- Deal more effectively with organizational and leadership challenges
- Skillfully manage relationships to increase personal and organizational effectiveness
- Build strong partnerships inside and outside your organization and community
Art of Leadership is:
- A five-day intensive residential retreat that teaches powerful visioning, listening, speaking, presentation, team-building and feedback skills to emerging and established social change leaders.
- Taught in an intimate learning community limited to 24-30 emerging and longtime leaders, working across a wide range of issues: climate change, human and civil rights, arts and cultural work.
- Led by nationally recognized thinkers, educators and activists who are experts at sharing in-depth insights and innovative leadership practices.
- All retreats are held in beautiful retreat settings in California and on the East Coast.
The Training Curriculum Includes:
Inner Reflection - Many social change leaders are so focused on their organizations that they do not have space to reflect on their own needs as a leader. Art of Leadership offers leaders time and reflective space to examine their strengths and challenges.
Practical Tools -
Over the course of five days, leaders engage in hands-on practice in
planning, public speaking, stress-management practices and courageous
conversations. Leaders receive a personalized 360 degree leadership
assessment to help set leadership performance goals.
Powerful Community - Each training convenes 24-30 leaders working in different organizations and issue areas. Art of Leadership fosters learning partnerships through pair and small group work, and post-retreat peer support.