Thank you for your interest in Rockwood Leadership Institute. Our mission is to work towards a just and sustainable society by developing the capacity of people, organizations, and networks devoted to advancing social change.
Rockwood training programs are led by nationally and internationally recognized thinkers, educators, and activists experienced in sharing the most in-depth and leading insights on collaboration, capacity-building, and leadership development.
* Online Application *
The application process is simple:
- Spend a few minutes thinking about what you hope to learn in our training, jotting down the work your organization does and your role there, and tracking down your organization’s current annual budget. If you are not affiliated with a nonprofit organization, foundation or for-profit company, please select “Unaffiliated.” If you are seeking additional resources to be able to attend our trainings, please contact us [link]. Finally, review your availability, because you will be asked to state a first and second choice.
- Complete the online application.
- Typically, you will receive an update on the status of your application within 10 business days.
- Once you’ve been accepted, you will be sent two more emails. The first, to complete a 360 leadership assessment and the second, to complete payment on your invoice. You are required to complete both in a timely manner in order to be fully enrolled in a training.
- Plan your itinerary and show up to the training.
The online application form takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
[Button: Apply Now]
* Schedule of Trainings *
Rockwood makes a concerted effort to reach leaders where they live and work. Currently, you can count on a training program happening almost once a month on either side of the continental U.S.
Please review Rockwood's Schedule of Trainings [link] to find a training near you.
* Training FAQs *
When is the next training? How can I learn about future dates? Is the Art of Leadership only for leaders of organizations?
Please visit our Training FAQs [link] to learn answers to common questions about our training programs.
* Tuition *
Rockwood believes leadership can and should reflect the diverse communities in which leaders live and work. We are committed to making the Art of Leadership and Leadership in Action trainings available to as many social change leaders as possible. Thanks to the generous support of the foundations and donors who support us, Rockwood underwrites up to 50-80% of training costs for leaders whose organizations have limited resources.
Tuition is based on a sliding scale, weighted against the current year's organizational budget. Room and board is a separate fee and varies by training location. Participants are expected to cover their travel costs.
While Rockwood does not offer scholarships, we always welcome interested applicants who have limited funds to contact us and explore what is possible.
Please visit our Tuition [link] page to review sliding fees for the Art of Leadership, Advanced Art of Leadership, and Strengthening the Practice Refreshers.
* Transfer/Cancellation Policy *
Rockwood understands that schedules for leaders shift with their work. Therefore, we developed a transfer and cancellation policy to accommodate that reality and maintain Rockwood’s sustainability.
Please review our Transfer/Cancellation Policy [link] closely.
All other questions, please contact:
Ronald Pineda, Enrollment Manager
(510) 251-2500 x 115